I’m Lorna, a freelance writer, journalism student and owner of the healthy living and vegan lifestyle blog, Kale and Kettlebells.
I’ve been helping people for many years look after themselves both mentally and physically, through regular exercise, good nutrition, and daily practices. I’m a Level 3 trainee counsellor, with other qualifications including fitness instruction, personal training, sports and exercise nutrition, vegan nutrition, mindfulness, and life coaching.
I have a wealth of experience in many areas, but I’ve always found great satisfaction in helping people. Whether that’s helping someone to reach their fitness goal, or learning how to achieve a healthier, more balanced lifestyle. Sometimes it’s simply holding space where someone can talk and feel heard, without judgement.
I’m an avid runner who is passionate about wellness, health and fitness, vegan living, and outdoor adventures. Being trained to Level 3 in Counselling Studies, I’m also interested in mental health, personal development, and what makes people tick.
What does this mean for you?
Along with my lifestyle choices, this gives me the knowledge to produce well-researched articles in areas that are close to my heart. I can help you connect with your audience and keep them coming back for more.
Kale and Kettlebells is my online portfolio, filled with articles and information about how to live well and stay healthy. You’ll also find some personal thoughts and travel stories thrown in for good measure. 1) because I like writing them, and 2) I think it’s important you get to know the person you’ll be working with.
Want to learn more?
- I used to be an aerobics instructor.
- I once broke my ankle teaching a step class and had to be wheeled out through the gym on a first aid trolley! It wasn’t my finest moment 😊.
- I got married in Las Vegas, in 32° heat in a gazebo. Perfect!
- I became vegetarian in 2009, and in 2016 I switched to a vegan lifestyle for ethical reasons.
- I’m teetotal and an early to bed early to rise kinda girl. I like to go for a run or do a workout while most people are still snoozing!
- I love heading up to the Lake District to go walking whenever time allows.
- I have a book addiction.
- I’m very low maintenance. Give me a pair of running trainers or hiking boots and I’m happy.
- I love griddled asparagus with garlic and houmous.
- I used to have a huge phobia of spiders – until I spent a month in Australia. It’s amazing what staying in the rainforest, washing dead spiders out of your hair, and moving a huntsman out of your motel room can do!
I’d really love for you to stay a while, so grab a brew and a biscuit, pull up a chair and make yourself at home.
If you’d like to work with me, please head to my Hire Me page and drop me a message.